The definition of excellent design
Massey Ferguson has always provided innovative, but practical solutions to the farmer’s needs to answer the challenges of the time. The MF 4700 Global Series continues this tradition by offering a highly modern, high performance, heavy duty, straightforward range of tractors that provide exceptional efficiency for every type of farmer all over the world.
With its entirely new - yet simple- design, manufactured in state of the art factories across the Globe, with efficient drivelines and high level of comfort, the MF 4700 is definitely designed to be the new workhorse of the world - it really brings exceptional value for money for any sector!
- Horsepower - 75 / 95
- Dyna Synchroshift Transmission - 12 x 12 Mechanical
- AGCO Power Engine -3.3 Litre
- Max. Lift Capacity - 3,000 kg
- Electronic Linkage Control
- Modern, Efficient and economical Engines
|Model||Max power hp*||Max Torque**||Transmission||Engine||Version|
|MF 4707||75||312||Dyna Synchroshift - 12 x 12 Mechanical||AGCO Power 3.3l/3 cylinder||Cab/Platform|
|MF 4708||85||347||Dyna Synchroshift - 12 x 12 Mechanical||AGCO Power 3.3l/3 cylinder||Cab/Platform|
|MF 4709||95||355||Dyna Synchroshift - 12 x 12 Mechanical||AGCO Power 3.3l/3 cylinder||Cab/Platform|
* @ 2,000 rpm | ** @ 1500 rpm
- Driveline : Understated and yet probably the single most important part of any Massey Ferguson tractor is it driveline.Every component of the chasis has been designed from a blank piece of paper to boast immense strength, a major factor in an agricultural tractor’s overall performance. This modern design provides versatility, power, durability and outstanding capability to the MF 4700 Series.
Engine - Renowned for reliability, ruggedness and fuel economy, the 3.3-litre AGCO Power three-cylinder engine provides the heart of the MF 4700 Series, delivering 75 to 95 hp. With both tractor and engine coming from the same manufacturer, you can be sure that product quality is on exactly the same level, while compatibility and efficiency cannot be bettered.The engines used in MF 4700 Series tractors are all of a long stroke design that provides high levels of torque across a broad speed range. Maximum torque is achieved at low engine speeds: 1500 revs/min on the MF 4708 model. With a low rated engine speed of only 2200 revs/min, not only is diesel use minimised, but so too are noise and wear and tear, resulting in lower fuel bills and a more pleasant operator experience.
SCR - Since 2008, Massey Ferguson, together with AGCO Power, has pioneered SCR Technology as the most straightforward, maintenance free solution to comply with the toughest emissions legislation without compromising on power and productivity. This is now the industry standard, but we are still leading the way with 25,000 equipped tractors globally! – The impact on your business is a positive one; reduced fuel bills.SCR is fitted on the MF 4708 and MF 4709 Cab Versions.
Transmission - The Massey Ferguson 4700 Series tractors feature an all-new synchronised transmission which provides a total of twelve forward and twelve reverse speeds courtesy of two ranges. Six gears are within the 4-12km/hr typical fieldwork range, while maximum speed is 40km/hr.The right speed for each job is easily selected using gear levers that are within easy reach, yet positioned neatly to hand of the driver, ensuring an unimpeded passage when mounting/dismounting. A single-plate, dry-type clutch is easy to operate and simple to service.Super Creeper option is also available when the lowest speeds, down to 140m/hr, are required for the job in hand.
- Hydraulics and PTO - A simple open-centre hydraulic system, powered by two gear pumps, the 27 litres/min pump provides all the internal services, whist the 65 litres/min pump allows the electronically-controlled rear linkage to lift 3,000kg. In addition, this oil flow is also available via the two standard auxiliary spool valves to operate implement hydraulic functions while the other pump operates the steering operation of the 4WD clutch reverse shuttle and the PTO. A must to have when turning on the headland.
Direct Drive PTO - Each model is fitted with a 35mm six-spline PTO shaft providing 540, 540E or 1000 PTO speeds and protected by an independent PTO clutch (IPTO). The electronics control the rate of engagement for more reliability; smoother, regulated and adjusted for the optimum rate of engagement to provide a reliable engagement of the PTO whatever the engine speed and the size of the implement.
Three point linkage with ELC - The rear linkage has been optimised specifically to complement this size of tractor. It boasts an impressive lift capacity of 3,000 kg, in order that heavy-mounted equipment can be lifted with ease.It comes with the industry leading Electronic Linkage Control (ELC) as standard. The system provides precise and responsive control of linkage functions ensuring accurate management of working depth for soil engaging implements plus working height for other implements. It brings more responsiveness and accuracy because the electrics operate immediately – this means that the draft reacts accurately to ensure maximum traction at all times to minimise wheel slip and fuel consumption.
- Operator Environment - A tractor that has been designed with simplicity of operation at its heart doesn’t have to have a basic operator environment. Designed from the outset with an emphasis on comfort and ease of use, the MF 4700 Series tractors make hard work a pleasure.Grab rails mounted outside the operator station (platform versions) or on the large opening doors provide easy access to the steps, mounted directly to the machine, while a low transmission tunnel creates the most spacious operator environment on the market.Once seated, manually-operated controls are sited in the most ergonomic positions, making them comfortable to operate and reliable over the course of many thousands of tractor hours.
finition of excellent design
sign up for news
Monday to Friday 8:00 - 5:00
Saturday 8:00 - 12:00
find usFranks Curtis Ltd
Beansheaf Industrial Park
Tel: 01653 668501