Rotex 400 - 450 - 452 - 550 - 552 Loader Wagon
Vicon Rotex 400 - 450 - 452 - 550 - 552
The All New Vicon Rotex 400
The new Rotex 400 with a capacity of 40m³ offers maximum efficiency with a lower powered tractor and with a transport height of only 3.3m and a weight of only 14 tonnes it is a very compact loader wagon.
While the new Rotex 400 is physically smaller – it’s shorter and lower - than the higher capacity Rotex 450/550 models, it can be equipped with the same high-specification options.
Vicon Rotex 450
The Rotex 450 has a capacity of 45m³ and a weight of 17 tonnes. It provides efficient pick-up and high quality of cut silage. As the Rotex 400 it is also designed for smaller, lower powered tractors.
Vicon Rotex 550
Providing a capacity of up to 55m³ and a laden weight of 12.2 tonnes, Rotex 550 is a rotor loader wagon that brings titanic dimensions to forage harvesting. Offering a full level of standard specifications, the Rotex 550 is the machine of choice for contractors and machinery rings.
- 2.1m pick-up.
- Pick-up without cam track for low wear and smooth operation.
- High capacity V-Max intake with 800mm diameter rotor.
- Special V-shaped rotor for even and fast crop transfer.
- Pre-chopping system with 35 knives.
- SuperStructure chamber made from strong C-profiled steel sections.
- Chain-and-slat conveyor with split driveline and gearbox in the middle.
- Heavy Duty tandem axles with actively steered wheels.
|Load Capacity to DIN||Load Capcity, Medium Compression||Max Weight|
- 2.10m pick-up.
- 1.95m pick-up working width (DIN 11220).
- Six tine bars, each fitted with 16 teeth (total of 96) and with 55mm tine spacing.
- Pick-up tines arranged in a V-shape pattern for fast and efficient crop transport.
- Pick-up tines are staggered for a more uniform flow of material.
- Roller crop press for even flow of material into the chamber.
- Pivoting pick-up guide wheels.
- Pick-up without cam track for low wear and smooth operation
- The wellproven and robust cut-and-feed rotor is 1.42m wide and designed to bear the highest loads.
- The V-Max rotor is driven by the maintenance-free oil-immersed gearbox that ensures trouble-free operation of the large 800mm diameter rotor.
- The nine V-shaped rows of tine of the rotor feature 22mm wide tines that ensure a gentle and efficient flow of material into the chamber.
- The special V-shape of the rotor ensures an even and fast flow of material across the entire rotor width, minimising peak loads and reducing power requirements.
- The V-Max rotor is utilising the full capacity of the rotor, ensuring continuous cutting performance.
- Rotex pre-chopping system with 35 knives offers the ultimate solution for short chop with a chop length of 40mm.
- Each individual knife is spring protected against foreign obstacles. If an obstacle hits the knife, it will pivot backwards without loosing cutting quality.
- Vicon Rotex 450 and 550 Rare fully ISOBUS 11783 compliant. This means that they will plug directly into an ISOBUS compatible tractor without the need for a separate terminal.
The following functions are operated with the Focus and IsoMatch Tellus control terminals:
- Choose between manual and automatic loading function.
- Choose between manual and automatic unloading function.
- Cut and uncut loadings counter per customer/field.
- Service menu to change specifications according to your personal needs.
- Adjustment of chain-and-slat conveyor speed.
- Work light on/off.
- Pickup up/down.
- Drawbar up/down.
- Tailgate close/open.
- Knives in/out.
- Rotex 450 and 550 offers a ground clearance of more than 70cm when the pickup is raised.
- The hydraulically articulated drawbar allows the tractor to climb steep clamps, while the cabmounted terminal offers operators convenient and safe drawbar control.
- The strong and stable tandem axles offer smooth operation and is designed for safe and fast transport of the crop to the silo clamp.
- The tandem axle is rated to a maximum loading of up to 20 tonnes (up to 16 tonnes for Rotex 450).
- The standard level of specification comprises a hydraulic brake system and XXL 600/55 R22.5 tyres. Pneumatic breaking system is available as option.
- The Rotex 550 is standard fitted with actively steered wheels, improving manoeuvrability when space is limited.
Loading and Unloading
- The hydraulic chain-and-slat conveyor is split into two segments and features four robust chains that handle even the heaviest material.
- The gearbox is positioned in the middle of the two segments, ensuring equal power distribution to both sides and torque split on two shafts instead of one. It is able to smoothly move massive amounts of crop to the rear of the chamber.
- The scraper floor automatically disengages when the chamber is full.
- Via the control terminal it is possible to choose between manually controlled or fully automatic unloading operation.
- With the Rotex 450 and 550 you can opt for two large-diameter discharge rollers, which are driven by a maintenance-free driveshaft, to unload the material in a uniform and even mat.
- Rotex 400, 450 and 550 boast a frame that is made of robust C-profiled 220x100x8mm steel sections (closed on the outside) as well as strong stanchions and vertical steel sides.
- The vertical side plates move the material to the rear of the chamber, ensuring a full load.
- Top part of the SuperStructure chamber of Rotex 400 is available in 3 executions:
- Standard version without extention.
- Extended version with ropes.
- Foldable extention.
There are no products matching the selection.
sign up for news
Monday to Friday 8:00 - 5:00
Saturday 8:00 - 12:00
find usFranks Curtis Ltd
Beansheaf Industrial Park
Tel: 01653 668501